Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a tattoo take to heal?
Generally, a tattoo takes anywhere between 2-4 weeks to heal properly. It is important to follow your artist's aftercare instructions while healing your tattoo, and to keep the area moisturized and clean.
How much do tattoos cost?
The cost of tattoos varies greatly depending on the size, complexity, and style of your tattoo. Generally, tattoos can range anywhere from $50 to $1000 or more.
How much should I tip my tattoo artist?
The amount of money you should tip your tattoo artist is ultimately up to you, but most people generally tip between 15-20% of the total cost of the tattoo.
What is the legal age for getting tattoos in Ontario?
The legal age for getting a tattoo in Ontario is 18 years old.
Who shouldn't get tattoos?
Anyone who is not of legal age, is currently pregnant, or has certain medical conditions should not get a tattoo. If you’re unsure whether or not getting a tattoo is safe for you, consult your artist for answers.
Do tattoos hurt?
Yes, tattoos do hurt. The level of pain from a tattoo varies from person to person, and depends primarily on the location of the tattoo, the size of the needle, and the type of ink used.
How do you prepare for a tattoo?
Before getting a new tattoo, there are a number of steps you can take to help you feel more prepared. Some of these steps include:
- Make sure to read customer reviews and look at your artist’s portfolio ahead of time.
- Schedule an appointment and bring reference materials, such as photos or sketches.
- Eat a meal prior to your appointment to ensure you have the energy for the procedure.
- Make sure your artist has a sterile environment, and that all equipment is being properly sanitized.
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow the artist access to the area you are getting tattooed.
- Bring a friend or family member with you to the appointment for moral support.
Does tattoo ink stay in your blood?
No, tattoo ink does not stay in your blood. Once the ink has been injected into your skin, it stays in the dermis (the deeper layer of the skin), and does not enter the bloodstream.
Explore More Services
Say goodbye to old or unwanted tattoos with a cover-up tattoo that falls in sync with your last tattoo. This process replaces your old design with a new one.
As the name suggests, these tattoos last upto a couple of days or sometimes a week. Temporary tattoos are popular amongst kids at events like Halloween.
"Hollywood" Carbon Peel
"Hollywood" Carbon Peel helps to rejuvenate the skin; it removes all possible signs of aging and cures damaged skin.